It didn’t occur to me until I just typed the title of this post that both of my first two books have three word titles. Completely unintentional, I assure you.
Since my last update, a number of things have happened. So let’s catch you up, shall we?
- I launched this here website. It’s not entirely finished as a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that I built is relying on the first book being done and for sale.
- I finally found an editor that I’ve hired to do the final edit before the book can go on sale. Turns out one of my good buddy’s fiance is getting her Master’s in Creative Writing, so that’s a good fit. I look forward to being done with that process — the whole editing part has been my least favorite so far.
- I’ve made progress on the second book — My Last Days — which I’m 25,000+ words into. You can see the progress of the word count there on the right in the progress bar (along with the progress bar on A Sour Chord.)
What’s next on my agenda?
- Finish the edit for A Sour Chord
- Have the cover art designed
- Publish the book and hope someone buys it (other than my mom.)
- Continue working on My Last Days and repeat the process.
Is it wrong or am I insane that I already have an idea for the next book after My Last Days? I keep coming up with these ideas of stories that I knew or told or heard when I was younger and think they’d make good books. Since this whole process is rather easy, I figure why not? I’m in my 30s now and have the time and resources to do it, so why not be an author? I may not be the next Stephen King or J. K. Rowling, but I’m doing the best I can!