It’s been a month since my last update and I’ve been hard at work on reconfiguring parts of the story.
Since the last update, a number of things have changed and gotten completed;
- Our female lead has gotten a name change — I never liked the name I originally picked, so I went through a brainstorming session (bringing in some others’ opinions, as well) and finally came up with her new name.
- The band’s name has been finalized as well — the name in the first draft was a placeholder and I knew that from the very first time I typed that name. The name I picked I feel is strong and fits better with the characters that make up the band.
- The second draft is complete — I reworked some of the bits and pieces to make the story tie together a little better. I still have a couple of ideas for things I may change, but I want to get some feedback first. Which brings us to:
- I solicited some feedback from friends on the finalized second draft. I have about half a dozen people reading through the book now who are going to provide their feedback to me. I look forward to hearing what other people thought.
I’m still right on schedule for end of September, I think. Though, at this point, I’m at the mercy of other people. I’m hopeful I’ll have enough time to finish by then. Things that are left to do:
- Create the artwork for the cover.
- Do a final edit.
- Have a professional editor read through it.
- Publish to Kindle, iBooks and Barnes & Noble store.
- (Eventually) record an audio book version (assuming there’s any interest in such a thing.)
I’m getting both nervous and excited. Only one person has read the book entirely through so far and I’m freaking out a bit having six more people read it. I can’t wait to hear what they think!